When it comes time to embark on your cleaning or remodeling project, you want to make sure you have all the tools in place to succeed. That means having a dumpster rental on hand to throw all of your debris away. But, not all dumpster rentals are the same. It is important that you have a solid understanding of what it is that you are getting right from the start. Here are three mistakes you want to avoid. Continue reading
Composting is a useful method for disposing of organic waste, because it turns it into a useful soil amendment while also requiring minimal effort from the people doing the composting. It is important however, to make note of exactly what can and cannot be composted so as to ensure effective and efficient waste management when working with any company. Continue reading
Waste is well, waste. And while it might be convenient to just take it all to your dumpster in Tyson’s Corner or Annandale, there are some waste products that just don’t belong in your dumpster.
Its important that you and those working in your business know what to toss and where. Continue reading
Do Recyclers Accept Aerosol Cans?
Some recyclers are known to accept aerosol cans that have been emptied of their contents. In contrast, other aerosol cans have to be sent to facilities that specialize in handling hazardous household products. Continue reading
Exercise Care and Caution When Using Rental Dumpsters
Using a rental dumpster tends to be simple and straightforward, but it can come with hazards that will cause harm to those who handle them without the appropriate level of care and caution. Something that users should remember to make sure that their rental experience is as smooth and uncomplicated as possible.
How Can You Remain Safe When Using a Rental Dumpster?
Use these tips to remain safe when using a rental dumpster:
- Protective gloves and goggles can be useful for certain kinds of waste. For example, if the waste has either sharp edges, moving parts, or something else of concern, protective gloves are great for keeping the hands well-protected. Likewise, when the waste consists of substances that could get into the eyes, protective eye-wear is a must.
- On a related note, tough but breathable clothing can prove useful when handling waste as well. Tough clothing means that the skin is protected from nails, splinters, and other potential hazards, while breathable clothing means increased comfort when performing strenuous labor.
- Some items are not permitted in rental dumpsters. In part, this is meant to protect the user, who can become exposed to hazardous substances when handling certain kinds of waste. For example, some household cleaners are capable of causing serious skin irritation and other health problems.
- Users should not attempt to move rental dumpsters on their own. This is because the sheer weight of the containers makes it difficult to do so without the right tools and machines, people who make the attempt could end up hurting themselves and causing damage to their properties.
- Waste should be loaded into rental dumpster in an evenly distributed manner, which should provide the user with the most value for their money while also reducing the chances of something slipping out while the container is being handled.
Please contact us for more useful dumpster tips.
Providing the area with superior waste management services such as LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design), Galaxy is ready to help your residential or commercial investment realize its LEED potential. In order to meet the requirements for this distinguished achievement and become LEED certified, applicants must adhere to strict guidelines regarding building waste disposal. These applicants rely on a trustworthy waste management company in this area, such as Galaxy to work diligently to ensure LEED certification. Continue reading
What Are the Disposal Methods for Waste?
For both businesses and consumers, their responsible waste management is often reliant on them being able to choose the right waste disposal companies. However, it should be noted that said individuals should still strive to understand as much as possible of what will happen to their waste, as this can help them ensure the best results for their interests. Continue reading
Many people often overlook the importance of residential dumpsters in VA. They assume they don’t need one and can handle their project cleanup on their own. However, that isn’t always the case. To help you determine whether a dumpster rental is in your best interest or not, consider some of the following projects. Continue reading
Ashburn is a picturesque town with nearly 45,000 people just outside of D.C. Whether you live in a house, co-op, condo or apartment, if you decide to renovate, depending on where you live, you might need a dumpster rental.
Like a lot of other people, you want to clean out the garage or attic, but your neighborhood may have stiff fines if you leave the wrong items curbside. Use these tips to help you make your dumpster removal an easy process. Continue reading
Whether you’re thinking about a new kitchen or a new bathroom, a remodeling project can be a pretty big task. That’s why having a plan in place and tips to help you get organized can help save you time and get the right sized dumpster rental for your project. Because construction debris can accumulate quickly, it’s best to have a reputable and reliable dumpster rental company, that can help you with your project needs. When you’re ready to get started, contact Galaxy Transfer. Continue reading